Actions Based on Dept. Head Blog Input
First, these issues are not "BIG" school-wide issues and are normally made at an administrative level. These are decisions that affect staff and it does help me to have staff input. I would love to have a process to involve staff in this kind of input without taking much of your time. This is an alternative to everyone sitting down for a 60 minute meeting.
1. we will purchase the color laser supplies for the printer in C. Seeley's lab
2. we won't do copy codes but will continue to remind staff to use copying in a reasonable way and will continue to tie Department budgets to the general copy budget
3. we will fund the Science Nature Trail for $400 and reserve $1600 to have an open library
4. the Alternative classes as part of the Skyview general schedule is a big, ongoing conversation. I expect that this will continue to be discussed at Dept. Head meetings. Bottom line, I hope that we can agree that our goal is to maximize the number of students who leave/graduate from Skyview with the ability to graduate from high school on time, while maintaining high academic standards.
Thank you for participating. I welcome your input into how this Department Head Blog worked for you. Just comment...

5 Comments:
this is Jim F.
Just wanted to say it's great that we're funding the open library 3x week. It's a very good thing for the kids and a great thing to bring to the attention of kids and parents with ad nauseum reasons why the kid can't do homework, do reasearch etc.
Also, Happy New Year! Great to be back, eh???
The blogger saves time. I feel I get the chance to think about the issues quietly and reflect instead of just listening.
Chris H: The blog does save time, but for the real BIG issues, the final decision needs to made in the conference room. The blog is a great way to get everything on the table and then get the decision done more quickly.
Jeanie- I am enjoying the feedback and like the process. This will hopefully save our face to face time for the important stuff.
This process is very frustrating to me. I feel that i spend way more time accessing this, reading it, posting it, than i would if I were sitting in the room with the people involved. I also feel curiously disengaged. I think better when I hear the other viewpoints and piggyback on them. This is a learning style, I know. --Diane
Post a Comment
<< Home