Outcome of conversations about the $2000 PTSA Grant?
This is an ongoing conversation between Skyview Department Heads. It will be a place to document what we have discussed and give every department a voice in important teaching and learning conversations.
5 Comments:
We did not discuss this idea in great detail, but does like the idea of the library being open. However we would like to know the number of students using the library after school. In other words, how many students are we reaching out to? As it was said in the departmnet meeting, that was our goal, greatest number of students affected.
(Diane P.)
I want to check with my department members before I respond to the color printer issue. However, the consensus of our group was that the PTSA money should be used to fund the library staying open on Mondays. I think the consensus about the alternative program from our meeting was that we think that there needs to be a systems change, we are skeptical about the possibility of success for the alternative class even if the class size is capped at 19, and that the issue needs more thoughtful discussion before implementation. I don't see how the SLP issue affects us that much, except that it increases the workload of the counselors and puts money into generating more paperwork, and I am not sure what you are asking us to approve.
(Diane P)
consensus of our group was that the PTSA money should be used to fund the library staying open on Mondays.
Bret - P E Dept Spend money on the library and science for the outdoor learning project
Chris, math:
Library and Science Nature Trail idea both were liked.
Post a Comment
<< Home